Saturday 23 January 2010

Guild Wars

I'm not too happy with Guild Wars. I expected to play it on my birthday, 4th December, but that didn't happen. Inside the box there should have been a bonus music CD, on the back of which would be the key to allow me to upgrade my trial account. But no, that was missing. After a few weeks of frankly pointless forum and email talks with the support, I decided to simply send this one back, and my brother, who had bought it as a birthday present in the first place, ordered a new better one. This one with all the expansion packs.

To be honest, I was now expecting something to go wrong. And it did. This edition went out of stock for another couple of weeks. So, last week, it finally came in stock, and my hopes of playing Guild Wars were rekindled.

Far be it from me to expect N.C.Soft to meet my expectations to provide a game that I can play, but last Friday evening, it got ridiculous. My brother texted me in school time, saying that Guild Wars had arrived, and asking whether he could install it for me and go on. I said yes, and he installed it, opened it, used the key to upgrade my trial account, made a character, and played. He told me when I got home that it was working fine. So I tried it that evening. With my brother present, I put in the same login details as him, and now it can't even recognise the account name. Not even the password, the account name. We went on the website, successfully changed my password, and tried again. No luck. Restarted the laptop, no luck. And now? Now I've once again entered into back and forth emails with N.C.Soft. I wonder if I'll ever get to play Guild Wars...

Thanks for reading, send suggestions to jazzphilosophybiscuits@googlemail.com, and feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment