Monday 8 February 2010

Vegetarianism

I have been vegetarian for 4 days now, and it seems to be going well. I did feel a bit weak doing PE today, but that's to be expected. My protein intake seems to be from eggs and nut-stuffing so far, but I hope that in time my diet will become more varied, and larger.

On a side note, I'll be trying to update every Sunday morning, when possible, but I may post at other times now and again.

One more point: Parinirvana Day! Today is the day we Buddhists celebrate the death of Siddhartha Guatama, aka Buddha. It sounds bad, but Buddhists believe that he was fully enlightened, and was released from the Samsara (cycle of birth, life, death, rebirth). This is a good thing because, in Buddhist philosophy, the Samsara is associated with suffering, and should be the thing that Buddhists try to free themselves from by attaining Nirvana (inner peace, freedom from suffering, and wisdom). Some people do celebrate Parinirvana on the 15th, rather than the 8th, so my apologies to those people. People celebrate by making food, bringing money and clothes to a monastery, and also by thinking on loved ones passed away, and on one's own death and path to enlightenment.

I realise that my last point was the biggest there, but, oh well. Thanks for reading, comment below, and email jazzphilosophybiscuits@googlemail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment