Saturday 13 March 2010

King Edward VII, Jazz Workshop

For anyone in Sheffield who likes jazz, and would like to play it with others, this is worth taking note of. Saturday mornings, 10:00 until 12:30 at King Edward VII school, Sheffield. The jazz workshop's there are great for beginners and more advanced players alike. I've been going now for a couple of years, and I love it. You learn the theory of jazz, along with learning jazz standards, under the guidance of one of many workshop leaders. You get a huge confidence boost when you play your first solo, however bad it may sound! I remember my first time there, I was extremely nervous, but everyone there, leaders and participants alike, was very nice and encouraging. I recommend this to anyone who's thinking of taking up playing jazz. For me at least, it was/is a very fun and enriching experience.

Thanks for reading, email suggestions for future blogs to jazzphilosophybiscuits@googlemail.com, and comment below.

~Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.~

No comments:

Post a Comment