Saturday 27 March 2010

The Santander Banking System

The only way I can really describe this is to do a big list, so here goes:
  • I phone Santander to order a Visa Electron card.
  • Get redirected.
  • Get told I can order it over the phone.
  • Get redirected.
  • Get told I have to go into a branch to order it.
  • I go into a branch and order it, told it will be seven working days.
[Three weeks later...]
  • I phone up to see where the card is.
  • Get redirected.
  • Told it hasn't been ordered.
  • Get redirected, to the branch where I 'supposedly' ordered the card from.
  • Told, again, it hasn't been ordered
  • Get redirected to somewhere where I can order it over the phone.
  • Put on hold for four minutes.
  • Heavily accented Scottish man tells me it hasn't been ordered.
  • He then tells me he can order it.
  • Put on hold for six minutes.
  • Told by Scottish man he can't order it, I have to go into a branch.
How is anyone supposed to use this system effectively? Not looking forward to applying for mortgages and credit cards...

Thanks for reading, email me at jazzphilosophybiscuits@gmail.com with suggestions, and feel free to comment below.

~Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.~

No comments:

Post a Comment