Wednesday 19 May 2010

The Ultimate Band

Having listened to a fair of music by this point in my life, I thought I'd make my ultimate band. So, in my band, there would be:
  • Sonny Rollins - tenor saxophone
  • Dizzy Gillespie - trumpet
  • Thelonious Monk - piano
  • Charles Mingus - bass
  • Elvin Jones - drums
If only they were all alive, it would be a magnificent quintet. They'd play bebop, hard bop, post bop, all the bops. And swing, led by Benny Goodman or Artie Shaw, depending on who was available at the time. Obviously, I'd rather have Benny Goodman, were they both available.

Let me know your ultimate bands, jazz or not, by email (jazzphilosophybiscuits@gmail.com) or in the comments below. Tom'll be posting about his band soon, stay tuned. This, where we both do our opinions on a single topic, may become a regular feature.

~Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.~

No comments:

Post a Comment